November is Vegan Month
Article by Luise Rechia
Kicked off by World Vegan Day on November 1st, World Vegan Month is celebrated globally as a time recognizing how far the vegan movement has come, how accessible living plant-based and vegan can be.
Our vegan category has grown so much, that even people who doesn't follow this lifestyle can take advantage of its many benefits, like easy digestion, for
example, specially for individuals who have issues with consuming whey protein.
This month we will highlight some different brands that did an amazing
job with their vegan products, and also how you can incorporate them to
your life style.
Vegan has never tasted so smooth, until now! Combining the perfect ratio of pea protein and rice protein for optimal essential amino acid levels, that is easily digestible, this is the perfect addition for anyone looking to build, strengthen muscles and assist in getting the daily intake of protein. Plus, with added MCT oil, it can help with the texture and add some healthy fats to your recovery post workout shake.
Recipe: CAKE BATTER PROTEIN TRUFFLES
- In a large bowl, mix together your oat flour, almond flour, sea salt and protein powder. Whisk until well combined and set aside.In a heat proof bowl, microwave your nut butter, coconut butter, vanilla and agave until liquid (30-45 seconds).
- Add your liquid ingredients onto your dry ingredients and mix - it will still be dry - It's ok!
- This is the make or break part! Pour your almond milk slowly over your mixture stirring very well. You want the mixture to be fully hydrated and look like cookie dough but not so wet that's the batter. You may need a few extra table spoons beyond the half cup so have extra handy. Add very small amounts over the half cup - it's easy to add more but not to take away.
- Add sprinkles last and mix until combined.
- Time for the fun part: Use a small cookie spoon to form the balls. You can also weight them out at 20 or so grams a ball. Optional: Melt vegan chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave. Dip half the cake truffles and add sprinkles on top.
Macros per truffle: 94 cals, 8g carbs, 5g fat and 3g of protein.
-150g oat flour (1.5 cups)
-50g almond flour (1/2 cup)
-Pinch of sea salt
-3 scoops BY Cupcake Batter Vegan Protein
-60g coconut butter, melted (1/4 cup)
-120ml unsweetened almond milk
-1/3 sprinkles of choice
Optional: 80g of vegan chocolate melted with 1 teaspoon coconut oil (10g)